If you have a problem, hopefully the answer will be here. If not then please email.
If you are having problems with the stream, these three tips solve most user experience issues:
- Refresh your browser window (F5 or Cmd+R) and clear your browser cache.
- Use an alternative browser — we recommend Google Chrome as it has an in-built Flash installation, separate from any other browser.
- If you’re on wifi: move closer to the router, and check no other devices are using Wifi, at least until the problem settles.
We recommend using a wired connection if possible. You’ll need at least 2Mbps broadband to view comfortably.
- The player says "we are having some problems playing the stream" (or similar)
- The stream may not have started yet — we go live to air approximately 20 minutes before broadcast.
- I can only see some text about iPad streams - but I'm on a computer?
- Check that your browser and flash installations are up to date. We recommend Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or above. Update flash here.
- Is this website secure?
- Two things here: 1. Our site is running at https://live.belfastgiants.com which means all communication between the browser and our website is secured, and 2. We've introduced a new payment mechanism "Stripe" which takes Credit Cards only at this stage. You can still use Paypal. Both of these payment transactions are fully secured.
- How do I get help - can I phone someone?
- No, unfortunately the best way to get an answer is to email or tweet - generally if there's an issue with the stream you can be sure we know about it already. Usually refreshing your player page is the best and first way to deal with any problems. Search online for "how to clear my browser cache" also helps cure most ills.
- I had credit last year, where has it gone?
- We ended our credit based system before season 2013-2014.
We’ll add more detail here as appropriate.